Why join NAAAHR?
- Joining NAAAHR is an important connection a current or future HR professional or executive can make. It provides you with access and connections to the best and brightest HR professionals including numerous opportunities to get involved through speaking engagements, social networking, event planning, webcasts, attending chapter professional development meetings, and sharing your HR expertise for career-enhancing benefits and professional development. What makes NAAAHR unique and special is you can be as involved as you want to be. It is a place for your learn and develop your HR, leadership and presentation skills.
- Professional Development – Each chapter is operated independently, allowing them to bring in subject matter experts who focus on industry trends for their respective geographic areas, locally, nationally, etc. The environment is comfortable enough to expose your vulnerabilities and connected enough to strengthen those opportunities.
- Personal Development – This is the holistic approach to obtaining your success. Chapters expose members to speakers focused on finance, money management, job search, investments, and other areas that empower and strengthen our members.
How do I become a member of NAAAHR?
- Becoming a member is easy. All you have to do is click on the join or renew button and complete the application and using a credit or debit card.
- NAAAHR accepts Debit Card, American Express, Visa and MasterCard.
What is the cost to join the NAAAHR?
- Student Membership is $30 (must be a full-time student enrolled in an accredited college or university. Proof of student status may be requested)
- Professional Membership is $125
- Business Membership $250
- Corporate Membership is $1,000 (includes 10 memberships from one company/organization)
- Lifetime Membership is $1,000 (pay one time and never have to pay membership dues again) e. Corporate Elite is $5,000 (Allows companies/organizations to gain exposure through sponsorship items. It includes, 10 Professional memberships, company logo displayed on our national website, post HR jobs, and so much more)
How can I pay my membership dues?
- Pay dues on line with a credit or debit card.
- Mail a check with your membership application to the national office.
What is the NAAAHR membership year?
- The NAAAHR uses a rolling membership year approach. Individual membership will last one year from the day the individual joins/renews. Membership renewal notices are sent out on the anniversary date of the individual joining the association.
When will I receive my renewal notice?
- You will begin to receive renewal reminders via email 60 days prior to your membership expiration date. You will receive several friendly email reminders that will continue 30 days after your membership has expired. The reminders will stop once your membership is renewed or 30 days after your membership has expired.
Are NAAAHR membership dues tax deductible?
- NAAAHR membership dues are not deductible as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes, but may be deductible as a business expense. NAAAHR recommends that you contact your accountant for tax advice.
Are membership dues refundable?
- No. The NAAAHR membership dues are not refundable.
When will I get my membership number and membership card?
- Your membership card will be mailed to you from the national office within the first 30 -60 days after your dues are paid. Please make sure you have listed the mailing address in your profile where you want to receive your membership card.
Will I get a welcome packet from my local chapter or from the National organization?
- Once your dues are paid you will receive a welcome letter from the National and a welcome packet from the local chapter.
What are the NAAAHR member benefits?
- Networking opportunities on a local and national level.
- Discounts on services and events sponsored by local and/or national chapters.
- Access to nationally sponsored webinars.
- Discounts on partnership services (Avis/Budget, Ford & Harrison, etc.).
When can I start to use my member benefits?
- Once your membership has been activated you can begin to take advantage of the membership immediately.
I’m moving to another location that has a NAAAHR Chapter. Can I transfer my membership?
- Yes, your membership is transferable within NAAAHR chapters. Just contact the national office via email to request a chapter transfer. The national office will make the change free of charge. Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Are there any training opportunities for members?
- Most of the training opportunities are available on a local level. Most chapter meetings and events offer HRCI credits. The national sponsored webinars also seek HRCI credit approval as well.
Is there a fee to attend local chapter meetings?
- It depends on the local chapter bylaws and policies. Please check with the local chapter for details. Fees are charged to cover the cost of light meals, snacks and general cost of operating the local chapter. Members will be charged at a discounted rate from non-members attending NAAAHR meetings and events.
If I refer someone to NAAAHR, is there some type of reward system for referrals?
- No, we don’t have a referral reward system in place at this time.
How often does the NAAAHR host conferences for all members to get together on a national level?
- The National Conference is held bi-annually. Regional Conferences are held on the off years.